Monday, June 30, 2014

Our weekend in pictures

You've probably seen it all over the news, but here in the midwest we've been getting slammed by storms the entire month. It rained most of the day Saturday, and Sam was out of town for a bachelor party so I was getting maaaaajor cabin fever.  We hit up Old Navy for their dollar flip flop sale. I know they are totally cheap-o and will probably break in a week, but for a buck I felt like I needed a pair. While we were there I spotted an adorable vest on sale for Isla. It screamed Yellowstone to me, and, turns out, we will be there in a few short weeks. I snagged that puppy up as fast as I could since there were just a few left.  It's so adorable on, and got me even more excited about our trip. Not a clue what I'm going to pack for myself, but this is a little taste of what I'm envisioning for Isla. How perfect are army green and hot pink together? Oh, and her pink chucks are on clearance for $14 at Target (in store only) right now. I picked up 2 pairs when they were an extra 40% off with Cartwheel. I can't argue with $8 shoes, especially when they're as adorable as pink Converse. Is it completely ridiculous that the outfit planning is one of my favorite parts of vacation?! 



Speaking of Target, the x benches I love so much are clearanced to $17.98. I got my cashier to take an additional 20% off for Cartwheel, and saved an extra 5% by using my Red Card. That brings them down to less than $14 a pop, folks. Go get some! There was only one left in my store, so they're going fast. 


We also made a trip to the Mall of America on Saturday (what else is there to do when it's rainy?!) and I fell in love with this flamingo sweater at Jcrew. It's on sale for $22 in the store, and I practiced a lot of self control by not purchasing it. Also, the toucan halter I adore from Gap is on sale for $12. It's getting late for this summer, but if it goes any lower I might have to get one for next summer...or winter swim lessons. I adore the entire Rainforest Collection, but keep reminding myself that it will be cold here in a few short months. Gap is really killing it this season, so if you haven't been in a while, go check it out. 
sweater  |


After tons of emails, I finally solidified plans to pick up this 5 piece set of furniture I found on Craiglist. Can you believe all of that faux bamboo goodness for $180?! There are 2 dressers, a side table, octagonal coffee table and mirror. To be honest, Sam wasn't thrilled with it, but after a lot of begging and pleading he caved. Furniture hoarders unite! 


Finally, Isla and I had a little photo session in front of our coral door before our trip to the park Sunday. She is looking so grown up lately and constantly blows me away with her verbal skills. I pointed out a leaf the other day, and she corrected me and said, "Actually, it's a flower." I stand corrected, little lady. 








Hope your weekends were great, your basements are dry, and you're ready for the 4th of July (unintentional rhyme- swear)! It's red, white, and blue all week for us! 












No comments:

Post a Comment