Thursday, June 19, 2014

Isla is 2!!

I don't consider myself one of those super emotional "HOW IS MY BABY GROWING UP SO FAST?!" kind of moms. I was so excited for her to walk, and then talk, and the wean (reaaaaaaally excited about that one, after 18 long months). But seriously "HOW IS MY BABY GROWING UP SO FAST?" I have a two year old now. I honestly can't believe how quickly the time has gone. From that tiny jaundice baby:


To my smart little sidekick:


|  Isla's maxi  |

She is embarrassed by me already! Just you wait, little lady. :) 

Ok, enough sap. 

We had such a great day celebrating! I'm sorry to bore you with a play by play of our day, but I really enjoy those, so here goes...We started with some toast and a party hat for Sailor (since someone refused to put it on). I'm sorry for not cutting it into the shape of a birthday candle like other fun moms, Isla, but I don't think you know that those moms exist anyway ;) Then we painted our toes, put on some pineapple shorts and jellies (because don't pineapple shorts and jellies just scream "It's my birthday!"?) and ran to Target to get stuff for dinner. 



|  shorts  |  jellies   |
I was so excited to go to the pool in the afternoon, but when we got there we learned they're only open on the weekends for the first few weeks. Bummer. A quick trip to Wal-Mart, $20 later, and we had a kiddie pool, purple golf caddy, bubbles and sparklers. I don't think Isla minded one bit. I'm convinced bubbles make everything better. 





By that point, it was 3, and someone hadn't napped yet. A little swinging with baby (using her coverup as a blanket, of course) and she was out. Til 7:30!! I've made the mistake of waking her up before, and never again, you guys. Never again. So we just let her sleep.


When she finally woke up, we had a super fancy dinner of hot dogs, corn on the cob, baked beans and chips. Call me unsophisticated, but hot dogs from the grill are one of my favorite things. So delicious! I know, I know, they're made out of toenails and stuff. I got the Hebrew National ones, so maybe they weren't quite as bad? Either way, Isla kept calling them meatballs and jamming them into her mouth as fast as possible. That's what I call a successful dinner. :) 



We ended the night with a little cake and fireworks! It certainly wasn't a trip to Disney, but it was perfect for us. I love you Isla Penelope. You bring so much joy to our lives and we couldn't imagine life without you! 









No comments:

Post a Comment