Tuesday, March 11, 2014

Zee vestibule


Moving right along with the never-ending house tour...step inside from the porch to the area we call the vestibule. Just saying it makes me feel very pinky-in-the-air fancy. It's basically just a small little space between the porch and the living room. Although this room is not very functional at all, it was one of the first things that sold me on the house. Something about walking into that space gives me the feel I wanted with our house. Is anyone else like that? I can make lists of 50 must-haves, but when I walk through the front door, it has to have that "yep, this is home" feeling. One of my nieces thought it was really strange that we essentially have 3 front doors. She couldn't understand the point. Well, Claudia, I guess it is pretty silly, but for some reason I like it :)

A few months after we moved in, I bought this little bamboo dresser (have I admitted to my obsession with white bamboo furniture yet?!) on Craigslist for $90 and plopped in in there. Otherwise, as you will see in the pictures below, I haven't done anything.




view from living room

I apologize for the super dark pictures. It's kind of a hard space to photograph since it's so small and has so much dark trim. The leaded glass is really pretty in person though, I promise. My idea for this space is wallpaper wallpaper wallpaper!!! Please don't roll your eyes and tell me that it's sooo 80s. Wallpaper is back in a huge way. Here are a couple of my favs (although I have an entire Pinterest board dedicated to wallpapers, so feel free to follow me and check those out too):






At this point, I'm sure you're questioning my sanity. I've obviously got a thing for palms and birds. Oh, and crazy florals. Most of these are really expensive and "to the trade" only, so I have been searching Ebay religiously for the past 10 months, hoping to find a great deal. Price always helps me to be more decisive. ;) I'm really excited to finish this space since it's the first room in the house and has the ability to set the tone for the rest of it. Also, it shouldn't take more than a weekend to revamp, once I decide on a bold (and budget friendly) paper. Those projects are always nice, especially when you have an energetic toddler running around. 

What are your thoughts on wallpaper? Love it? Hate it? Or what about my choices? Have I completely lost it?! That's not out of the realm of possibilities. 



No comments:

Post a Comment