Wednesday, February 19, 2014

Front porch


Sorry for the delay in getting this together. We've had 2 nice days (which makes a total of 3 since Thanksgiving), and I wanted to take advantage and spend as much time outside as possible. We threw snowballs, took a long walk and I chipped away at the 2 inches of ice covering our sidewalk. Sigh. Now my stroller is completely trashed, but the fresh air felt amazing and I'm one step closer to Madonna arms ;) So, basically #sorrynotsorry




Let's pick up where we left off. Immediately when you walk in the front door is
the porch. Once we're finished with it, I think it'll be my favorite room in the house. It gets tons of sunlight, unlike the rest of the first floor, and is really bright and cheery. Plus the trim is white (well, technically cream) unlike the rest of the first floor, but that's another post for another day. It has an amazing beadboard ceiling and tons of windows. Let's get to the pictures:







So, things we want to do in this room: 

/ / Replace the ugly tile with something like this (hopefully in a herringbone pattern)

/ / Paint the ceiling pale blue (something I've dreamed of since we got married at Pierre's)

/ / Paint cream trim white

/ / Hang curtains

/ / Hang art 

/ / New furniture (white couch will stay, but everything else is fair game. Ideally, I'd love a couple fan chairs and to create a living room zone and a bar cart area)

/ / Install baseboard heat so we can use it year round

/ / Install a second ceiling fan 


Wow, that sounds like a lot when I type it out like that. So what have I done in there? Ummm, I painted!
left to right: Revere Pewter and Edgecomb Gray (both Benjamin Moore)

 the winner! (Revere Pewter)



Painting stucco was definitely a challenge, but overall I think it makes a pretty big difference and helps the trim to stand out a lot more. Sorry I didn't get any good "afters." I finished the painting just before it started to get really cold, so fingers crossed in a month or less I'll be able to clean it out and get some better pictures. 

I'll leave you with some images I've pinned that are serving as major inspiration for the space: 






Think spring!! Happy Wednesday all! 


No comments:

Post a Comment