Saturday, February 22, 2014

You have a toilet...in your kitchen

I know I haven't finished a full house your yet, but let's just dive into a little bit of what's going on around here.

it helps to have really strong friends- thanks, Jon!! 




subfloor, baby! 

This is the little mudroom off our kitchen that we're turning into a bathroom. Sam has spent a fair amount of time plumbing it, and we've already purchased the toilet and vanity, but before anything could be done, that floor had to go. Now don't go all Nicole Curtis on me and scold me for ripping it out. It was NOT original and was so ugly, scratched and impossible to keep clean thanks to the huge gaps between the planks. There are certain areas of the house where it just feels necessary to have brand new, and for me the bathroom is one of those places. Anyway, we're replacing it with a carrera marble subway tile laid in a herringbone pattern. I am so beyond excited. All of my carrera marble dreams are finally coming true!! Honestly, I still can't even believe I talked Sam into it. That excitement has since faded. This is what I've been living with for the last week:


As you can see, at least someone in the house is enjoying it. Preparing meals has been challenging to say the least since my already limited counter space is now completely taken over by tools. Luckily it won't be forever. In the meantime, I can't get this image I pinned a few days ago out of my head:


{via}

That tortoise mirror. Sigh. I never would've combined it with the gray vanity, but am pretty obsessed with the look. Now I am determined to find something similar. Please come through for me internets!  

Have a great weekend everyone! 

No comments:

Post a Comment