Wednesday, February 12, 2014

To blog or not to blog...

After years of talk, I am finally doing it! This cold, cold Minnesota winter (and with it days of not leaving the house…at all) have driven me to it. Silver lining of the Polar Vortex?! The dry skin and extra 5 pounds sure aren't. Truthfully, I'm completely obsessed with reading blogs and have always wanted one of my own. They're a great place to get inspired, and I really love a little sneak peak into other people's lives. I mean, that's why we love Facebook, Instagram and Twitter, right?? As much as I love being a stay at home mom, I also need a creative outlet. A space all my own. I love--some may say obsess over-- interior design, but my toddler doesn't get very excited about looking at fabric, pillows, and paint colors. Hopefully soon though! Wishful thinking? Maybe. I choose to believe she'll be saying things like, "I love the texture that basket brings to the room" in a few short years though. We're currently working on "baseboard" and "crown moulding." 

This is my space to share the process of decorating and renovating our 1912 American foursquare in the heart of St. Paul, Minnesota. We have lots of big projects planned mixed in with smaller, less expensive ones (we're not made of money here), and I can't wait to share the process. Of course, there will also be a little Isla. What can I say? I'm kind of obsessed with the girl. Thanks for stopping by! Next up: house tour. Get excited! 

3 comments:

  1. I always thought you should start a blog! :) Good luck and I'll be reading!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so exciting, I have been waiting for this moment since you re-did your house in Iowa City!! Love your design style - can't wait to get ideas from you!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks, ladies!! Hopefully I won't disappoint :)

    ReplyDelete