Friday, May 30, 2014

life lately

I'm sorry for the lack of posts lately. Sam has been traveling since we got back from Florida, and the weather has been pretty amazing lately, which means lots of walks (and, for Isla, naps in the stroller). All of that adds up to not a lot of free time for me. But I'm back. I've been in a major zhush-up-every-room-in-my-house lately kind of mood. Of course, that means I've been snagging up accessories at Target (of course) like a crazy person. Here's what I've been loving lately:




I decided to swap out the pillows on the front porch, and put the Target x benches I blogged about here (looks like they're not available online anymore, but they're still in most stores) on the porch. While I do love the pink and navy and will probably swap them out once I purchase the IKEA coffee table (sprayed gold), it looks more decorated (albeit temporarily) and I didn't have to buy anything! Always a good thing. Plus, I might find a coffee table elsewhere that I love even better, and costs less.  One can always hope. 

I've been obsessed with this Nate Berkus tortoise box since I first laid eyes on it. There was a 25% off Cartwheel offer, so I took the plunge. Now it is very happy living on our console table housing our keys. So much prettier and more interesting than the white bowl that it replaced. 



Who doesn't love a nice throw blanket? Maybe it's living in Minnesota, but we are always fighting over the "good" (aka not pilling, $2 IKEA fleece ) faux fur throw that lives on our couch most of the year. I couldn't help but fall for this herringbone beauty, and it makes the couch look so much more summery. That is, if a blanket in the summer can feel summery. Hmmm. 


|  throw  |

You can never have too many baskets, and I especially love this one that I got on sale thanks again to Cartwheel. Just excuse the random IKEA box and the fact that nearly 2 years later I haven't painted our dresser white. I'll get right on that. 


|  basket  |  dresser  |

Ok, you guys, the seagrass rugs at World Market are amazing! I am abnormally obsessed. I've always loved natural fiber rugs because of the great texture they add to a room, and these are incredibly inexpensive and chic. I scooped up this little round one for our vestibule. TEN DOLLARS! Can you even? It reminded me so much of Serena and Lily's, which is bigger but quite a bit more at $125. I think the rectangular ones would be great for a living room with a smaller, striped indoor outdoor Dash and Albert rug layered over top. Rugs can be expensive, but if you have kids or pets (or both) they get destroyed. This is a great, inexpensive but durable (and adorable) option. 


|  rug  |

I've been stalking Craig's List like you wouldn't believe and came across this white bamboo table for our porch. It needs to be sanded and repainted, but it was $25 and will fit the space perfectly. I can't wait to get to work on it. Hopefully this weekend! 


I also found this amazing console table on Wednesday night, and when I read Emily Clark's blog Thursday morning, was kind of blown away that she just purchased an identical one for her living room. I love how it looks painted black, and may have to steal that idea if I end up getting this one. We're set to look at it this weekend. Fingers crossed! Nothing makes me more giddy than finding really inexpensive and unique furniture that I loooooove. Craig, I love you and your list so so so much. 


What have you been doing lately to get your home ready for summer? Happy weekend all! 

Follow me  on Instagram to see what we're up to this weekend :) 


No comments:

Post a Comment