Sunday, April 13, 2014

A few of my favorite things

Sometimes it's frustrating when you want to switch things up, but can't exactly afford (or your  husband won't agree to) a new sofa or pair of chairs. I think most of us are in that boat, and for me the redecorating itch really hits at springtime. Luckily, just a few simple changes can really alter the entire style and feel of a space.

These are a few of my go to's that work basically anywhere:

/ / Blue and white ginger jars/vases/lamp

I obviously have a thing for blue and white, but these truly look good in every room, with almost any style: coastal, Hollywood Regency, traditional. I am always on the lookout for more (I could literally have 100 and still feel that wasn't enough) and desperately NEED some blue and white lamps for my living room. I want to move into each of these spaces:


source unknown 

source unknown 

source unknown 



/ / X Benches

These can be pretty pricey, but luckily Target is offering a relatively inexpensive option for the second year in a row. I want a pair. BAD. They work well as a coffee table, side table, under a console or at the end of the bed.



source unknown 
/ / Moroccan poufs

I've wanted one for several years, despite my husband's disdain for them, and finally ordered one with part of an Amazon gift card. Absolutely no regrets there, except for the fact that I now want several more. Serena and Lily's isn't cheap by any stretch of the imagination, but this one on Amazon is only $95. They're perfect as an ottoman, especially in nurseries, but work nicely in living rooms too for extra seating. Isla really loves sitting on hers and scoots it all over her room (so it's kind of like a toy, right?!). Ok, it's settled, I'll take 5 more.




source unknown 


/ / Garden stools

These are similar to x benches in that they work as extra seating and side tables. They're perfect for outdoor spaces and bathrooms, and you can usually find them at TJ Maxx for $40. How can you say no to that? 

source unknown 

source unknown 


What are your favorites? I am really itching to get to TJ Maxx now...

No comments:

Post a Comment