Wednesday, April 23, 2014

Monogram it!

The inner prepster in me loooooooves a monogram, as evidenced by my Max and Chloe necklace (that you can hardly see- sorry!) below:


I first ordered it after seeing the oh-so-fabulous Blair Eadie pairing it with nearly everything, and thus began my obsession. Monograms are super classic, very personal (I actually got my necklace in Isla's initials), and really chic. As Isaac Mizrahi once said "A monogram makes something your own and endows it with weight in a world full of random things." I couldn't agree more.


A few weeks ago, I came across this image on Pinterest, and decided I needed a monogrammed LL Bean boat and tote.  It'll be perfect for our upcoming trip to Florida, and I plan on cramming all of mine and Isla's clothes in it (since I'm too cheap to pay to carry on a bag). Wish me luck! Now if only I looked as hip carrying it as she does...


Monogramming isn't just for jewelry and clothing though. I especially love it on bedding, and recently ordered a pair of monogrammed shams from to adorn. They were only $12 (they're just screen printed), but look nice in person and pictures. I remove the pair at night, so hopefully they won't get really dirty and need constant washing (which I'm afraid will ruin the screen printing). I'll keep you posted. Someday, I'd love to splurge on a duvet and shams from Garnet Hill, but for now these really spruce up the bedroom. More plans are in the works for this space, but I'm really digging the way it's coming together.


I was inspired by this room, especially since we already installed bamboo blinds and hung Audubon prints above our bed. It's coastal and relaxing, which is just what I want to retire to at the end of the day.


If you're still not totally sold on monogrammed bedding, check out these amazing spaces:



source unknown



Are you ready to monogram everything now? You know I am! 

No comments:

Post a Comment